Thursday, November 15, 2012

Oh the agony

 
I'm in a conundrum.  That cozy nook between the proverbial rock and the hard place.  My main focus has been trying to save money in our emergency fund and get back to where we can pay down more debt.  My problem lies with my other strong desire to support my husband in his health and fitness goals.  We buy a lot of food so he can follow a muscle building regimen.  Cartons and cartons of egg whites...egad.  That's not so bad because I've been pretty insistent on eating organic for a while now.  
 
So here we are and GJS "needs" a new weight bench. Admittedly, his old one is rusted out and the seat is hanging on by one bolt and it just is not what you would want to spend time with.  I also don't want to go whip out another $100 to get a used one on craigslist after we just bought new hand weights for him last week and Under Armour gear 3 days ago.  Ugh.  I want to stop spending and have the satisfaction of transferring over $4000 to our money market account.  Is that so much to ask?

Yet, I will begrudgingly go down to the credit union at lunch and pull out that $100 to hand to my unemployed husband when I get home.  Because our financial life isn't always going to be the most important thing going.  GJS is working hard to get in shape and train for a marathon next fall.  This is a lifelong dream for him and I don't want to be part of a reason for him to fail.  I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that he'll get his bench and be totally set to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment