Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sallie Mae Update

So....to continue the drama from yesterday's post.  My consciencousness really bit me in the butt.  I sent in an extra payment to Sallie Mae so we could meet the mysterious new minimum payment and GJS verified after the fact that there had been an error on Sallie Mae's end of things. 

Unfortunately, there is a $26 fee to stop payment on the electronic charge so we'll be working directly with Sallie Mae to request a refund.  I faxed over a letter, a copy of the webpage and a copy of our credit union transactions that shows the $294.33 minimum had already been paid.  I fully expect another disaster but I'm going to try and stay positive and hope for a refund in a timely manner.

For now, I feel like I need a break from budgeting.  I know I'll stress if I'm not on top of it but it is starting to wear me out.  Alas, no vacation on the horizon to keep my spirits up.  I guess I'll just have to pray spring comes and stays soon and brings sunshine and blossoms with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment