Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sorry for my absence

Hello readers.  I must apologize for my prolonged absence.  In addition to a two day staff meeting, the weekend and a crazy busy Monday, I'm beginning to run out of things to talk about.  I probably shouldn't be admitting that.  But it is the truth and that's how I like to be.  Frank and honest, period.



Our December budget is going along okay.  Not fantastic but thanks to an early Christmas gift from my in-laws, we were able to add $500 to our emergency fund.  I've given over grocery shopping and meal planning to my kept husband but I think I might be able to save us a bit more money if I take that over again.  He seemed so flabbergasted that we were spending $600 a month on groceries that I thought he might do a makeover of our grocery shopping but thus far his small changes haven't really added up to much savings.  Switching from Kroger and Zerbo's (the organic food market) to Meijer and Randazzo's (the cheapest produce in town) hasn't dented the spending that much.  So perhaps I have a new challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment