Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tax Day!

 February 7th at 7:00 p.m.  That's when we'll get our taxes done by my dear friend's mother-in-law.  She has prepared our taxes the past 2 years and I will never go back to Turbotax.  It is just a load off the mind knowing that everything is right and I can have confidence that we won't have a troubling letter from the IRS or the State coming to us.  But there is one hiccup this year.

GJS has not received his 1099 form from the employer he does contract work for.  So he's on a mission to get a copy of it faxed or emailed to him TODAY.  If he doesn't receive it we do have his paystub shoved in a file somewhere but I prefer to go with all my pretty documents neatly compiled.  As long as my calculations are correct we should have more that enough stashed away to cover our federal, state and city taxes.  I'm hoping we will have over saved and I can call a plumber.  That's another story for another day.
I'll let you all know how it went tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment