Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sequestration squeeze

So, in case you haven't figured it out yet, I work for a member of Congress.  That being the case, the scary S word has been floating about for several months now in my office.  The effects of sequestration have been largely unknown, other than a cryptic warning to prepare for salary cuts.  Monday morning during our staff meeting we finally got some more information.  We would not be facing salary cuts, instead, our D.C. counterparts would be losing their metro subsidy.  It is really too bad for them, because that is definitely like a pay cut.  But hooray for me and my office! 
None of this is totally set in stone but it sure provides some manner of relief from my constant state of worry.  Only one more question remains and the answer is becoming more and more obvious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment